Monday, November 30, 2009

Who Says Dykes Don't Have Style?!



My baby loves cashmere scarves!!!! And guess what? So do I!

















I am a fashionista and a seriously sick shopaholic. I could OD in malls and boutiques shops. Good thing I don't live in L.A or Milan or I'd have a big hole the size of a moon crater in my bank accounts!!! I live in Toronto and the shopping is mediocre. Luckily, if I can't find it in a store in Toronto, I can buy it online from the designer or store itself. So ha! Thank God for technology. But my fiancee and I are quite a stylish duo, if I may say so, myself. We both shop on a regular basis. I like things that people haven't already taken and blown up to pathetic proportions like Coach bags with the logo and TNA sweatpants or big, chunky D&G shades. I like things that are quirky and weird but stylish, and my European partner likes things that have a beautiful cut, are European and of high quality, silks and cashmeres and the such. She feigns being allergic to cheap fabrics, and loves Armani, Le Chateau and her sunglass style is black Bulgari aviators. Me, on the other hand, I love comfy yellow Ron Herman 'Free City' sweats with tall UGGs and a thick, cableknit cardigan. My shades are clear John-Lennon style Guccis, though I was rocking a pair of tinted D&G oversized aviators before I threw them at the harbourfront in a fight with the lady. (Happens to the best of us!) We love shopping, and yes we got style. Here is what's hot for us!


















Me: I love my UGGs. Some people can say they are 'so last season' but I think they're just mad because they can't afford them! (Sorry if that was cocky, I actually saved up for them! ^^ I'm not Kate Moss!!!! in photo). I love them because they are super comfy and they look good with all my sweatpants, jeans and leggings. You just need the spray to maintain them, and they are a good investment especially for cold, frosty Canadian winters! I love my UGGs, I rock the tall chocolate ones and I don't think I'm getting tired of them yet!








































These John-Lennon looking shades make me look like Jay-Z for some reason, but anyways, that weird fact aside, I love these Gucci shades. They cost me around $330 without tax, but they were worth the splurge. Everybody has the same style of shades, either dark black square things or these big bling-bling shades, but these were subtly stylish and I like them because when I wore them everybody was like "Ewww.." but after a while theyre like..."You know, those really suit you" and I like that they'd never ever ever want to wear a pair! I think I deserved a pair of Guccis. I wouldn't have forked over the cash for a regular pair of shades, but these were love at first sight. I call them my John Lennons.






















<--- This Marc Jacobs bag I fell in love with almost immediately. I don't like bags that look like they came fresh from a snake's skin in the Amazon, or something with bright pinks and blues and C's scrawled all over it like a kindergarten art project. I wanted a HUGE, simple f---ing bag. And this bag does it. Nope, I haven't bought it yet because I'm having trouble locating it (ah, if only I lived in New York City!), but I'm going to try my best. I like a simple bag, and this is so me. Plain, in your face, obviously talented Marc Jacobs and obviously pricy. I love it. My thing is spending too much on things like this, I have no reasoning for it other than I.MUST.HAVE.IT!







My fiancee has a very masculine style, she shops in the Men's section. They do usually have a nicer selection of clothes. Sweaters like this one from Armani Exchange are catching her eye right now, and she's stocking up, although mostly in darker colours. She likes the AX belts and jeans as well too! I must say, she makes one dapper girl!

























And last but not least, paper boy hats and creamy leather jackets with jeans are my fiancee's staples. She loves leather jackets and rocks them well. The paper boy hats are the only hats that actually look good on her. =)
So there, dykes have style! Another stylish pair are my sister and her European partner who don jackets from Danier leather, love Lacoste and have a host of beautiful Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren sweaters and Diesel and David Bitton jeans. Style is inevitable when you're a dyke, because you have the best of both worlds--you can shop in both men and women's fashion without breaking any crazy boundaries. A man's tartan longsleeve shirt would look good on your studly partner with straight-legged jeans, or on you as a femme, with opaque leggings and four-inch Jimmy Choos! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment