Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Piqueing up the Guitar



Hey there, everyone!


I just decided today on a whim to learn the acoustic guitar. I don't know if it is the fond idea of playing 'round the cozy campfire up North or awesome videos like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaWjmV_8Nm0 this that makes me fervid to play--but I am unstoppable. I spent the latter part of my day studying notes and chords and listening to Instrumentals. I have played on my sister's acoustic in the past--but there's nothing like your own baby. I will be picking up my guitar on Friday, and he already has a name. Elvis. Yup, that's right. I named my guitar Elvis. Don't ask why--it just felt right when I lay eyes on my him.




My fiance is skeptical that I will play for two weeks and Elvis will collect dust but I know I will be playing Elvis almost every night until I'm a pro! I am eager to learn songs like 3 Little Birds (Bob Marley) and Leaving on a Jet Plane by John Denver. I can't sing for the life of me, but why not learn? It'll be a fun karaoke! I'm so excited about getting a guitar and learning to play, I think it's a great hobby and I really respect guitar-players. They just look so comfortable playing. =)




There is something so powerful about playing the guitar--and beautiful. I'm absolutely infatuated!!!


-MB


No comments:

Post a Comment