Saturday, December 5, 2009

My Favorite Things Right Now











1. Wolfenstein 3 on XBOX 360. Try playing this with a huge Samsung or Sony TV and surround sound...it will blow your socks off. I used to play the original Wolfenstein 3D on my computer when I was ten years old, so this game makes me quite nostalgic despite the change in graphics and the upgrades and paranormal activity that was absence in the PC version. All in all, I rush home to play it and I think it is a super game. They have the game available for PS3 too, but I prefer XBox.




















2. Lofts. I love them. They are contemporary, modern and beautifully designed architectural masterpieces. I prefer the ones with exposed bricks in the kitchen and living area, I would love a fireplace and the multi level homes are just fantastic. It is classier than an apartment, more artsy than a condo and the stairs make it feel like a real house instead of just a box. My fiancee and I are considering moving into a chic loft in the Westend, our friends have already hopped on the idea!


















3. Cool, funky baby names. I see a lot of celebrity and New Age parents jumping on the idea. Jumping away from the traditional names like Amanda, Nicole or Samantha and giving their brood unique names like Autumn, Harmony and Venus or unisex names like Charli. I love traditional names too like Calvin, Montgomery, Princeton and Benjamin. Sometimes mixing them up like Autumn Rose...some old and new is fun too!









4. Activities that do not cost a lot of money such as : baking ginger bread men, decorating a gingerbread house, making a big home made pizza with a mountainful of stuffings (think of adding your favorites like pineapples and mushrooms!) and going for walks with the dogs. People think just because it is the holidays or a weekend they need to spend obscene amounts of money but it is not the spending of the money that you remember, its the good, heart-warming times! And there are a lot of inexpensive gifts you can get people, like going to a used bookstore to pick up a few classic tales or a used game store to give your favorite nephew an educational game like Scrabble. For fun, we like to grab our skates and make hot chocolate at home...putting the drink in our reusable mugs and spending the day on ice! It makes for great photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment